Marketing your Production for Profit
Bud Williams, as well as being the premier authority on Proper Stockmanship, also developed an excellent livestock marketing program.
We are now teaching Bud Williams Marketing classes in addition to Stockmanship classes. Some of the key points we will cover are:
- Know and Understand Yourself
- The only price that matters (hint, there won’t be any crystal ball involved)
- Sell/Buy compared to Buy/Sell
- Find Relationships and determine what to sell and what to buy
- Determine the Value of Breeding Stock
- Marketing for the Cow/Calf Producer
- Make a profit and stay in business!
We will not be discussing direct-marketing your livestock as meat, though our marketing techniques will work well for the livestock which cannot be marketed in that way including your cows. We also won’t be discussing organically raised meat, though, again, our techniques would work for animals you aren’t able to market as organic and need to find another route to market.
Watch our calendar page for a school in your area. Or, if you have a group of people who are interested in a school, give us a call!
Marketing Price Links
- usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/MannUsda/displayAMSPatronSubscriptions.do?reports=0000 [Use this link to sign up to receive your selected auction and/or state summary prices by email.]
If you have attended one of our marketing schools, and you are looking for the password protected page to download the excel files, this is NOT that page! Please click here and enter the password provided in the school to find the excel files. Please note that the password protection is slightly different in our new website, and ONLY the password you were given is necessary to view the page.